Monday, March 3, 2008

Melkamu visits the guesthouse

Today we got to bring Melkamu to the guesthouse for the morning. We went to his room and played with him for a bit. He crawled to me as soon as he saw me, which was wonderful, and I teased several laughs out of him. Then we brought him back to the guesthouse, which was a very frightening experience for him. He was extremely clingy and fearful of most everything. When we brought him back to the care center at naptime, he lay down and looked shell-shocked. He didn't cry, but he tracked me out of the room with his eyes like "I just don't get it...why are you leaving?" I am so glad we don't have to do that again, but it makes me hate (even more than I already did) that I've got to be back at work again on Monday.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I'm sorry about work.

But it sounds like bonding is going well and that M's starting to really like you! That's good news!

:)

erin said...

Our guys were confused whenever we left, too. Just know that time and your repeated returning will help him to feel safe and secure.

It sounds like it's going very well, I can't wait to hear about home when you guys return.

Handlyrics said...

He will be home soon.