Thursday, July 17, 2008

The wedding!

My sister is a married woman now! This is the pillow I made for their rings. The quote says "Now join your hands, and with your hands your hearts." Siobhan is a big Shakespeare buff and I wanted to find the right quote to add to the pillow.


The wedding was wonderful. It was perfect weather. Siobhan looked gorgeous, Aaron looked very handsome, and they looked at each other with the kind of love that will last forever.
Siobhan in her "Bride-to-Be" sash and Melkamu at the rehearsal dinner/bowling party!
Right before the mikvah along the banks of the Hudson River!

Getting hair done at 7 a.m. on Saturday morning (with coffee provided by the wonderful matron-of-honor, of course).


Patrick, Mom, Siobhan, and I rode in the limo to Innisfree Gardens, where the wedding was held. Doesn't the bride look perfect?!



Three very handsome men before the wedding: Jason, Aaron, and Patrick.









Oh look, I found another one! Doesn't he look proud of himself in his little polo shirt?



This is Siobhan and Aaron taking pictures before the wedding. What a beautiful place for a wedding!




Ketubah signing, with Rabbi Neil Levinger.


The chuppah, which my mom brought back from Russia.




Dad walking the bride down the aisle. Mom's on the other side of her.



The happy newlyweds!




Me and cousin Taryn--I have an identical picture of the two of us at my wedding! (And no, we didn't match dresses on purpose.)



We had such a great time at the wedding!
Dad and Aunt Joyce acting...well, normal for them. I wonder if the Board of Directors at Dad's library knows what he does when he's not at work?
Dancing fools!
We wore out Kamu--he fell asleep on Jason's shoulder and stayed asleep for a good 20 minutes after being transferred to chairs during dessert. The cupcakes were delicious!
It was a wonderful, wonderful wedding and now the newlyweds are back to work and play in Albany. If they would only move down here to Atlanta, all would be great!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Oh my gosh, that chair pic is too cute! AND FUNNY!

Glad you had a nice time! Congrats to your sis!

Anonymous said...

I felt like I was there! Thanks for sharing your family's special day! Mazel Tov! :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun time!

Jan
(let me know if you want to plan something for the kids before you go back to school)

Brea said...

It looks like everything was just beautiful! That last picture of Kamu passed out is priceless!