Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Treasuring every minute

I will be back to finish up the pictures from Alaska sometime later this week or weekend, but I have to say--this is an awesome time for our family.  I walked over the pick up the kids from daycare (Patrick goes there after school) and we took our sweet time walking home.  Along the way, we stopped to watch a bush that must have had 10 butterflies in it, just fluttering from flower to flower.  We looked at a peach tree, an apple tree, and a crabapple tree.  We saw a dead garter snake and stopped to look at it more closely.  The enthusiasm of kids for every little thing, even when it was 90 degrees and humid and all of us were sweaty, just lifted my heart and made me so glad to have them in my lives.  I even delayed cooking dinner because they wanted to play Legos when we got home, and I just wanted to soak in some more of that sweetness.  (Plus, I make an excellent Lego spaceship ;-) )

It's really been nice to have Jason working normal hours also, because we get to spend a lot more time together as a family and as a couple.  We all eat dinner together every night now, which is wonderful, and he's home early enough to help Patrick with his homework and read stories and wrestle with the kids before dinner.  We're better about getting the kids to bed on time when we're both home, so there's more time for us to talk or watch a movie in the evenings also.  We're planning a family camping trip in a couple of weeks and another in October.

It is just such a wonderful time for our family and I can't get enough of it.

No comments: