Monday, February 11, 2008

Maybe we'll know more on Wednesday

And that's about it. Apparently, there are currently 10 families who are tentatively scheduled to travel on the 28th, and we're not one of them. But Jan is (really!) working on trying to figure out a way for us to go that week. I asked about the possibility of going and staying in a hotel if the guest house were full (which we can only afford to do if the Ethiopian Airlines buy-1-get-1-ticket sale applies to our tickets), but CHSFS is only given 10 Embassy times each week, so that won't be an option.

Jan feels fairly confident that something will work out, as she told both me and Jeff (the adoption program director, who's helping improve communications), and hopes to have definite news by Wednesday. I am praying very, very hard that it really does work out.

Tomorrow, I will call a travel agency and have them put a hold on tickets for us leaving on the 27th. That way if we get good news on Wednesday, we will have them available and if not, we're not out anything since we'll use the agency when it is our turn to go. I feel like I'm tempting fate dangerously by making cautiously optimistic plans, but I also feel a desperate need to do something.

No comments: