Monday, July 27, 2009

I wonder if Blogger will let me post this one

I was told that I needed to update my blog. This may not be what said people intended as the update (Sea World and Costa Rica pictures coming soon, I promise) but I feel the absolute need to record it here for posterity.

Kamu has recently become fascinated with his...male appendage. I had forgotten that the lifelong obsession starts at such a young age.

He has started noticing the genders of others as well, and will frequently ask whether the person has a penis or not. Earlier today, Kamu and I were in the bathroom at a restaurant. Below, you will find a reasonable transcription of our conversation (I'll let you guess which one of us was saying which line ;-) )

"Kamu penis?"

"Yes, Kamu has a penis."

"Mama penis?"

"No, Mama doesn't have a penis. Mama is a girl."

"Oh," stated with the most pitying look imaginable. "Daddy penis?"

"Yes, Daddy has a penis."

"Patick (not a misspelling) penis?"

"Yes, Patrick has a penis."

"YAY PENIS!" This was stated repeatedly and as joyfully as possible, with accompanying dancing.

I wonder what the woman in the other stall was thinking...

7 comments:

melissa Sinclair said...

that is great.... boys really do identify with the penis and it's importance is huge so early on... no pun intended!

rebekah said...

Oh yes, the penis. Quinn has been telling people that he was born through my penis, and then it fell off. He still doesn't quite accept that perhaps I just never had one.

ErinM said...

Rebekah, I love it!

Brooke said...

Priceless! You might just have to read this at his rehearsal dinner...

Jess said...

HAHA!! Ethan loves his weiner, too. It's definitely a favorite. Ava thinks she has one....it's Travis' fault for calling her lady bits a she-peen so Ethan could understand.

Crazy men!

Brea said...

Boys do seem to be enamored with their manly parts, don't they? :)

Heather said...

So cute. Zack feels the need to tell everyone... EVERY time his diaper is being changed.

That's Zack's penis. Yes dear... now please stop touching it!!