Thursday, November 18, 2010

NaBloPoMo 18: Meme day!!!

Yo-yo Mama, a blogger whom I've had the privilege of actually meeting, has tagged me in an interview-style meme because she knows the intense pressure of coming up with something new to write every single day in November. 

These are the questions I'm answering:

1.If you were gifted $5,000 tax-free and you had to spend it (not save it), what would you spend it on?


If I could save it briefly but have a plan to spend it, it would be put aside for our next adoption in a few years.  Otherwise, I'd probably spend it on home improvements.  We're already planning to put down new floors through most of our downstairs, but I'd splurge on hardwoods instead of laminate.  I'd also buy some dining room furniture that's not falling apart.  I'd get us a new dishwasher and new washer/dryer.

And I'd spend some on a good camera.  I really want a good camera that doesn't have the delay that ours has, and can take pictures rapidly--I miss so many good shots of our kids due to that brief delay and then having to wait before I can take another one.

2.How many times have you moved in your lifetime?

Since it says lifetime, I'll go back to the beginning!  My parents bought their first house when I was somewhere under a year old, so that was #1.  Move #2 was two months before I graduated from high school.  I won't count each move in college as separate ones since I lived on campus all four years, but I will count moving to Virginia for college as #3.  #4 was when Jason and I moved to South Carolina when we got married, then #5 was a year later when we rented a house with a fenced backyard so that our dogs would stop destroying our apartment.  We had move #6 when we moved to Atlanta and the final one was move #7, to our current house.  There will be another move at some point in the next couple of years but we're not exactly sure when!

3.Have you ever been so angry, you hit someone or at least felt like hitting someone (or something)?

Yep.  I have a very quick temper that I've learned to control, but there were some instances in the past that came awfully close to that level.


4.What’s your favorite article of clothing or pair of shoes and why?

My very favorite pair of winter-worthy shoes is a pair of brown Steve Madden flats that have pointed toes and bronze studs in a criss-cross pattern over the toes.  I also love me some sandals in the summer!

5.Are you hanging lights this holiday and if so, when is the turn-on and turn-off dates?

Jason is very big on the holiday lights, though I have reigned him in a bit.  There are only two insanely tacky reindeer in our yard, and I've turned off the animatronic aspect.  I'm not sure when they'll go up (along with the other lights) but it will be sometime after Thanksgiving, and they'll be put away by New Year's.


OK, now I get to tag 5 other people :-)

1. Wendy at The Spin Cycle

2. Heather at A Day at The Beauchamps

3. Julie at the eyes of my eyes are opened

4. Ruby at Black, White, and Read All Over

5. Emily at Mommy Made Green


Ladies, should you choose to accept this challenge, here are your questions:

1. What is the hardest thing you've had to do in the last week?

2. If you could have any outside-the-home profession, what would it be and why?

3. If you could take a trip to any place in the world that you've never been, where would you go?

4. When you are completely stressed-out, how do you cope?

5. What is your quest?  What's your favorite guilty pleasure?

3 comments:

Emily said...

FUN! I will post my answers up tomorrow!

Julie said...

Thanks for tagging me. I'll try and do it this week!

Morrey Child 1 said...

Well we did eventually get that hardwood but never did move yet.