Saturday, November 20, 2010

NaBloPoMo 20: In NY

Tonight is my dad's retirement party from decades upon decades upon decades of work for the NY state library system.  He's been the director of his current library for 16 years, so it's clearly well-deserved.  I flew up to NY this morning so that I could be here for it and have spent the day with my parents and siblings.  This has involved much laughter and many rude jokes at each others' expenses.  My brother, for example, just called me a dork and says he will be refusing to acknowledge my existence tonight.  We are a loving family ;-)

We're about to leave and I don't really have much to write for today.  It's not as cold as I was expecting it to be up here, which is nice for this girl with thin Southern blood.  I'm sure it will be bitterly cold after dark (which is also earlier here as they're in the east part of the time zone and Atlanta is at the very western part).  It's almost dark already and it's not even 5 p.m. 

But hey, I'm 2/3 of the way done with NaBloPoMo.  On to the last dying gasp!

No comments: