Friday, November 13, 2009

NaBloPoMo 12--Thankful Thursday

OK, I'm a little late--yesterday was crazy busy and my blogging time was taken up dealing with the metal that caused one flat tire and damage to another tire.  Two tires and a new spare later...

But I decided not to give up on NaBloPoMo!  Aren't you glad ;-)

I figured that since Thanksgiving is coming up, I'd start "Thankful Thursdays".  I'd like to invite all of my fellow NaBloPoMo'ers to join me in thinking of five things (or more) that they're thankful for that week.

This week, I am thankful for:

1. My family, of course.  I genuinely never pictured myself married or with children (yes, I know I got married at 21), but I can't imagine my life without them.  Jason and I celebrated 10 years of marriage in June.  Melkamu turns 3 next Thursday (bet you can imagine what my post will be about that day!), and Patrick turns 6 two weeks after that.  Our children are such a joy to us.  And our extended families are absolutely the best!  We can't wait to see you all in the next couple of months.

2. My friends.  I've spent a lot of time with them in the last couple of weeks, and I am so thankful for each and every one of you.  I've really enjoyed getting to know you better, sharing our lives together, and feel very thankful that we've been able to have that time.

3. My job.  In this economy, I'm extremely thankful to have gotten my letter of intent for next year.  If you have any spare prayers, Jason's pretty eager to find a job and could use them!

4. My home.  Falling apart or not, it is a home.  It is comfortable and cozy, and is the place I most want to be with my family.

5. The weather.  OK, I'm reaching now--I started out broad and am losing steam.  But it really is gorgeous weather now that the rain has stopped.  The trees are brilliantly colored, it is supposed to be in the 70's and sunny all weekend, and I can't think of a nicer time of year!

No comments: