Friday, November 6, 2009

NaBloPoMo 6--The house with no joy

Jason and I made the decision to get rid of our cable, and yesterday the cable was removed from the house.  I am a bit sad about this, as I'm not quite sure what I'll do about my HGTV and Food Network, and I'll have to catch Top Chef on Hulu, but I'll survive.  It seemed stupid to be paying $50/month to watch almost nothing, after all. 

I'm not sure how the boys and I will get along without our football games on Sunday.  Any suggestions?  Because hearing both kids say "Go Dolphins!" last weekend as they trounced the Jets warmed the cockles of my heart.  Anyway...

We had planned on switching our internet to Clear but tried it over a weekend, and found that it kind of sucks.  It was slow and spotty, and I kept getting randomly disconnected in the middle of doing things.  So we're keeping our cable internet because we need it to be reliable and fast for Netflix.  Yesterday Jason bought a Blu-Ray player with wireless access so that we can download their "instant play" shows/movies to the TV.  (We figured that a couple of months without cable will pay for it anyway.)

Last night was our first night without cable and Jason had been playing with our instant queue for an hour.  What he found was "30 Second Bunnies Theater" and we spent 30 minutes watching different movies.  It's stupidly funny.  It's actual movies, remade with cartoon bunnies and covered in 30 seconds.

And yes, that's what people do on Thursday nights when they've been married for 10 years.  We are so cool.  Can't wait to see what Friday night brings!

No comments: