Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NaBloPoMo 3--An ode to November birthdays

November has always been a big family birthday month.  My step-grandmother's birthday is November 1st, my brother's is today (Happy 26th Birthday Sean!!!), Melkamu's is November 19th, Jason's is November 22nd, my dad's is November 23rd, and there are various cousins and other relative scattered in the month as well.  In fact, Patrick barely missed having a November birthday, since my water broke on the night of December 2nd.  Mind you, he wasn't due until December 19th.  He just didn't want to miss the fun.

When we got Melkamu's referral and our caseworker told us his birthday, my first statement was "Of course it's a November birthday!  He fits in perfectly."  I have the late birthday in our family, as mine isn't until 6 weeks after Patrick's.  But Melkamu, Jason, and Patrick have all of their birthdays within 2 weeks.  Somewhere in there is always Thanksgiving.  We're also gearing up for the holidays and since we have an interfaith family, we celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas in our home.  Plus, I have finals starting a week or so after Thanksgiving and there's also my holiday Lessons and Carols concerts with the Emory University choir.

It's a fun and crazy time for our family.  If you have a moment, spare a thought for my sanity through this fun.  I believe it's already gone missing and I'd really like it back.

No comments: